View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 09:09 PM

I grew up hunting jackrabbits every year at my grandfather's house in Eagle Rock, CA. For those not familiar with that area, you can look down at the Rose Bowl from my Pap's old house. Needless to say, not much rabbit hunting goes on there anymore.
My Gramps spent 30 years on the LAPD, retired a Capt. I still have his service revolver that Colt specially made for him and his shield. Someday they will go to my son along with a newspaper clipping about the ONLY time he ever came under fire. I am sure glad that the "gun laws" were not in affect at that time. He wouldn't have survived his ordeal if he didn't have that revolver.

I'll be damned if I'm going to give up my "persuader" (10 gauge, pistol grip). My husband is still in the reserves and is sometimes away from home two weeks at a time. Before he leaves we go over every detail of security. My friend is never far from my side. I've had too many creepy moments in my life to take any chances. Are the politicians going to come to save me when the drunk's car breaks down on the road near my home and he thinks its his right to break into my home and treat himself to whatever? NO!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote