View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Best Wishes to all. I had an "interesting" year. In November 2012, I was laid off due to reduction in force. yeah right, I was the highest paid and the oldest on the staff. So they let me take as much as I could with an hours notice and shipped the rest home. I was mad for about a week or so. then went on unemployment. I got over it and now the family is jealous of me. I put in for Social Security and have about a year and a half left on my mortgage.I live in New York so I'm not sure we're going to stay here or not. We are pretty heavily taxed, but family is all around us and I like the area well enough to not consider uprooting us if I can avoid it. I just started working as a volunteer at the local historical society so I am keeping myself occupied and am doing some family history research as well.

So all in all not too bad! The Ironic thing is that my company gave me a 30 year watch (a Tag) in February and RIF's me in November. But I can't complain they gave me a nice severance package.

Looking forward to an interesting 2014!!

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote