View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimpy,

Thanks for the post. I turned 21 in June of 71 six and a half months in country. Of the guys on the recon teams I served with in the 1st Cav most were my age or older and a few were on a 2nd or 3rd tour. In the 101st again most of us were 20-21 but almost all were first tour. I know that I didn't spend 3/4 of my tour in combat and for those that spent much more time than I ever did fighting, Thank You for taking the heat so that I didn't have to. Although this qoute from your post is out of context "As with much of the Vietnam War, the news media misreported and misinterpreted" I think the media does a pretty screwed up job of reporting facts regardless of the war or the situation. Unfortunately we can't believe everything we read and have to waste a lot of time ferreting out the facts. Thanks for yours.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote