Thread: Lam Son 719
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Unhappy Lt

Your anniversary - sorry bout that. From today thru Feb. 16th, don't remember any good days, not during Tet I. Hang in there dude, we'll talk soon enough.

Just got your book in the mail. Thank you a 1,000 times. My wife's copy machine is really going to work out doing the maps and drawings. Seeing a diagram of a Mech clover leaf sent a chill thru me and I don't know why? After a quick flip through it was annoying not to find a couple of Mech battles we were involved in but that's ok. Also didn't realized our Brigade was facing 16,000 charlies in mid-68. Glad I didn't know that, it's a somewhat frightening idea!

John could you answer a question? In Mech Infantry we called our vehicles APC's or more commonly Tracks. You guys called them ACAV's. Is the only difference the mounted 60's on either side with the shields? Or did you guys have more mojo going on?

One of my neighbor's is from Poland, however he learned enough English to be an RA and served with the 2/34th Armor. I'll show him this book (won't let him take possession of it but I will show it to him). Then he will break out a bottle of Wisniowka from the old country - That's Polish firewater, tastes like cherry wine but it's 100%. Thanks again!

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote