View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 10:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Something I found in the current "Agent Orange Review"

On page 5 it states ... IOM : Risk of respiratory cancers posed by exposure to dioxin could last many decades...

the article goes on to state there is no upper limit on these types of cancers which include lung cancer. Since lung cancer is one of the hardest to treat, it is all the more reason to get a physical every year, or see a doctor if you have any changes in your health.

Many of us spent a lot of time eating dust in Vietnam along roads that had been sprayed many times.

I am also posting some more info that just came out in the American Legion magazine about Agent Orange.

Larry

P.S : Couldn't find the article on the Legion web site. It is on page 31 - 32 of the magazine I got in the mail. Here are some links. They are using some new data ( HERBS logs ) on the pilot logs ( 10,000+ missions ) to see which areas were sprayed while troops were there. They will eventually be able to tell your exposure by your movements with your Division etc.

quote "It is now possible to analyze the relationship between herbicide spraying, geography, population, and troop location. Up to now, the lack of such measure was the reason given by the government for not being able to do a major epidemiological study. Now that our work is published in scientific journals and has met Institute-of-Medicene standards, some barriers to research have really been lowered...." unquote

www.nature.com ( search for Agent Orange )

...to find the new Stellman report. The authors are Jeanne Mager Stellman and Steven D. Stellman and they have been doing research on this subject for over 20 years.

I will scan the article tomorrow and post it. It is in interview format.

Larry