View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Doc.2/47

"...the right of the People to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed."This is the one right that makes all the others posible.

My proudest posession as a young child was a pair of "Hop-a-long Casity six-guns"in a double holster rig.Nobody would ever have been able to convince me that that wasn't real silver plateing and engraveing,or that the grips sporting the longhorn steer weren't real ivory.Still not altogether convinced and I broke the last one a few years ago.

Lived in the country and began hunting on my own as a 9y/o.Cleaned,skinned,butchered,and could fix a fine meal from from game from about that age.Later I learned to tan leather and preserve fur and to make useful items from these.About 10feet to my right as I type this a bow rack holding long and recurve bows.From one end hangs a quiver made from a deer hyde with the fur turned to the inside to keep the arrows from rattlin around.Far as I know, the arrow I killed it with is still in the quiver.From the other side of the rack hangs a "posibles" bag for carrying black powder shooting supplies in also made from a deer hyde.

Sometimes work as armed security.
Carry a handgun while fishing in some areas that are eat up with snakes.Have had to convince several cottonmouths that they weren't near as bad as they thought they were, also the occasional rattlesnake(one became a belt and one became a rifle sling).Time or two would have been in a world of hurt without a gun along.
Twice as a civilian I have been forced to draw a handgun while a crime was being commited (not by me).In neither case were any shots fired nor was anyone hurt.On another occasion I was assulted by armed criminals and was unarmed.Ended up in the ER lucky to be alive.

Vietnam?Believe that I can say with absolute certainty that I, and likely several other folks, would not be breathin today had it not been for my early affinity with firearms.

Take MY guns?Well now, I won't be givein up my guns but I might be willin to let ya hold a few bullets.