View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 08:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry Blue

But, in my opinion and in the authors opinion (and hundreds of thousands of other military veterans) you are wrong to assume that G. Bush is not just as culpable as the other despicable characters you've mentioned.

I totally disagree with your premise that to show disdain and outrage towards this president and this administration and the republican leaders in Congress would do any more harm to our troops than has already been committed by these assholes! You only have to be informed by the likes of no less than retired Col. David Hackworth and many others like him to see that the current sad state of affairs our troops (and we as disabled military veterans as well) are enduring is no less as appalling and disgusting as what this nation did to US those thirty odd years ago! At LEAST we had enough troops and supplies to get our job done back then! These guys are undermanned, under supplied, poorly suppiled (can't even get enough freakin adequate flak jackets for Gods' sake!) and can't even get proper adequate medical care when they return to the states!

I am in TOTAL SUPPORT of our troops in the field in Iraq, Afganistan and everywhere else they are committed! I WILL NOT however stand in concert with a president or administration or a political party that continues to put them in harms way, or denys them and this nations former warriors the complete and total support they are due while telling lie after damn lie about their so-called "honor" and "moral fibre"!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote