View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Default Gimpy - everything with time

Yep - your right today if we look around we don't see the hero's of yesterday. They are like the shadows of the past. As we are today to those who now serve. When I was in the VA for a check up - some of us were talking about this very subject and I said you know - when we were in our prime we gave it to our country and today we are here worn out and older maybe abit wiser but once more we are moving forward in time quickly and I don't know where it all went so fast.

Hero's! Yes there were many and more will come in this generation and the next. We always remember them in their prime years and maybe that's best. Today I'm not so prime and not so healthy but yet I remember those days fairly well - I just don't know where all the time went?

Ever notice when your young and in the best of health - you didn't think of time so much as you do now. It's like a blurr - like an old movie now. Eddie and his boys back then were much like these kids today.

That's just my thoughts from an old sea dog. I miss the water - the endless water in the dark of night - it used to make me feel really small. I miss the action and the endless days of never knowing what was going to happen next. I miss the rush we got every now and then. I miss the guys (we didn't have any women in my Navy). I miss the liberty and the days off in town just living life like there was no tomorrow.

The long dog days of summer are here. Sure I work and pay the bills but its so routine or like being in a rutt - something I've done for a long time now. I'm just part of the masses jumping through each day only to have it repeat itself the following day. I hate routine life it sucks big time.

Eddie's living his past life of which only he knows so well. We too live ours. But living in the past - and you live in a world of your own. It's nice to visit the past but moving forward is really the way to go. After all you stop getting old - YOUR DEAD!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by Boats; 08-17-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling error
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote