View Single Post
Old 06-05-2002, 11:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default There are those

that would argue that service people put themselves in voluntarily and that is the consequence of being a professional soldier as apposed to a draftee. They also have SGLI which is way higher than when we were in. Not sure what it is but know you can get up to at least $250,000.

All that said, it is, as Sis so rightly said, our, (us, the government) responsibility to REALLY take care of the widow, orphan, of he who borne the battle. My tax dollars going to help the service people and families is a good use of my hard earned, taken at gun point, tax dollars. The American people donated somewhere around a billion bucks to help out the families etc. All the corporations that lost people should also be helping out. (and I know some are, maybe all) I figure if they can afford to pay rent in one of those towers, they can help their own widow's, orphans, and widowers. Our tax dollars have no business helping out the families of 9-11. Sorry, and some will hate me for that statement, but that's the way I feel. With a combination of the different funds set up for these people, private funds, the surviving families would have plenty to begin their new lives, and I'm sure a bunch had life insurance. If I get killed in a car wreck tonight, who's gonna raise half a mil for Debbie? I failed to mention all the law suits from not only people on the Aircraft's but those on the ground, that will be happening to the Airlines involved. You bet your butt they are comin' soon, and some have already started.

In my humble opinion, I feel for all the people not only killed but those that were injured and the surviving families. I want to see all of these scum Islamic bottom suckers brought to justice, and would love to see it done on the hot end of an M-16. But guvmnt payouts to civilians.....no.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote