View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default RE: reduced funding for brain injuries

You can go to the web site below to send a message to your elected officials and your local media with your outrage about this injustice!

http://www2.iava.org/dia/organizatio...letter_KEY=533

Here is a sample letter.

Subject: Congress is Slashing Funding for Treating Soldiers with Brain Injuries

I am writing to express my outrage that Congress is slashing funding for the research and treatment of brain injuries sustained by American troops in Iraq.

Traumatic Brain Injury causes dizziness, vision, hearing and speech problems, memory loss, and even severe brain damage. Military experts say that one in ten new veterans, or more than one hundred thousand people, suffer from TBI. But the 2007 Defense Appropriations bill gives TBI research and treatment only $7 million dollars -- half of what it received last year. America's wounded warriors deserve better.

Congress should take immediate action to reinstate funding for this program. If the bill passes as it currently stands, we will have failed the thousands of wounded veterans who have sacrificed so much and served their country so honorably.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote