View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 12:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Rigger et al

Only in the NRA magazine to you get to read stories of those who twarted crime and even sent the criminals to the eternal dirt nap. The section is called the armed citizen.

Since the total ban of privately owned guns in the UK, violent crime has skyrocketed. Only an idiot would believe the same wouldn't happen here. States, like SC, that have concealed carry laws are seing a dramatic drop in crime. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out.

As long as you are a citizen that can own a weapon legally, I don't see a problem with owning any weapon you want ceptin' nuckes. The argument that you just don't need an AK or whatever doesn't wash with me. That's like telling people that you only need one TV, one vehicle, whatever. This is America. If you can afford it and can legally own it, nobody has a right to tell you that you can't own something. Kerry just said, not a direct quote, I belive in the 2nd amendment, I believe in gun ownership, and I've hunted, but I don't know anyone that needs an AK 47 to hunt with. Well then he doesn't believe in the 2nd ammendment. Maybe someone is a collector? Maybe someone wants to protect his home? Maybe this is America and a law abiding citizen just wants to own one.

Packo

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote