Thread: Tea party
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Houstons Tea party was down town, I drove around fror a little while and couldn't find a place to park. I don't know how many people there were downtown , but there was a lot.
What I understand is that 7,000,000 people showed up at 700 locations around the United States. Now that many people show up to any event, you would think would be news worthy. CNN had some stupid remarks and Nancy had a few snide remarks and thats about it for the "Main stream" . FOX covered it well and is still covering it this morning.
Obama answer to the tea parties was "don't people understand that they will get a tax cut" Then he left for Mexico City.
The Tea parties were not about taxes, Taxes was a very small part of what people are upset at. It's the Trillions in spending over the next 5 years, and not just the spending , it's what they are spending the money on. Freddie and Fanny may have been nesessary, giving money to bail out privet compaines was and is just stupid. I don't want to give money to GM. I don't want to give money to the hundreds of Dem. pork projects.
Our government has barrowed money from China until China said no more, so then we just started to print money and are still printing it with no end in sight.
The Dems remind me of that dumb Illionois Gov. One day they will close the cell door behind him and he will say, Hay this door is locked, Some one open this door.
2010 election is coming, the Dems are going to say, Hay my office door is locked and my key don't work.

Ron