View Single Post
Old 06-05-2002, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Not one dime was paid to me for burial expenses. That came out of the insurance money. "It don't mean nothing to me." I was pretty angry at the time and probably would have told them where to put it at the time.

The amounts you are now quoting have been raised. $935 a month now for the surviving spouse of a 100% service connected veteran. But when the defacation hit the oscillator for us it was a whole lot less. No problem. I knew how to survive and make do and my kids had all the meat, fruit, vegetables, they needed, minus all the junk they did not need including 24/7 television. They learned that books were good friends and you don't have to go to the movie to be entertained. They were in a protected, safe, always clean, loving environment and we have no complaints. As matter of fact I am proud of the challenges I had and overcame with the help of the Father. I know for sure and for certain I was a whole better off than most people on this small planet we live on.

I do believe we should keep our promise To CARE FOR HIM WHO HAS BOURNE THE BATTLE AND HIS WIDOW AND HIS ORPHAN. It should be a no brainer in a humane society. Those that disagree I have nothing to say to them. I wouldn't consider them polite company to be in. Thanks for your reminder to all of us about what our responsibility is. God Bless>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote