View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 10:54 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Most contributors to this thread have heard me say this before; I've seen the best and the worst of VA health care in four different regions of the country. (I'm in agreement with Reb on those VA Hospital Administrators)Even though the worse made me fighting mad I'm really really concerned about privatising the VA.

We need to remember the resources the VA has available to themfor research and treatment ofcombat related injurysuch as spinal cord injury, (SCI) traumatic brain injury (TBI) from bomb blast, andpost-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).The medical community outside the VA just can not touch the resources of the United States Government for ongoing research and treatment of combat related injuries.

On a personal level I have seen the camaraderie that takes place in VA hospitals between brothers and sisters thatare in dire straights. Yes, there is a lot of bitchin' and moanin' but they also know that they have clout to get something done if push comes to shove. It may come in the form of one mad mama, wife, son or daughter raisin' hell with the hospital administrator, then on to the congressional reps but sustained rapid fire will get results.

I have a very strong opinion abouta government that has the money to make war and put the best of every generation in harms way. We are under moral obligation to be willing to spend whatever it takes to put the survivors of that war, shot to hell as they may be, on a path of recovery to a life that will allow them to live as well and as comfortably as is reasonable to expectconsidering the injuries they have sustained.

Some things to be considered: (click on link)

US Medicine

US Medicine

VA Testimony

Spinal Cord Injury Awareness

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote