View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 11:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default discussion on motorcycles....

I would like to start a thread about motorcycles. I witnessed a horrible wreck ( no details unless you PM me ) when I was in the 10th grade. Paul McCartney was singing "Yesterday" on the radio as it happened. Every time I hear that song I have a flashback. Prior to that I was interested in getting a Honda. This was about 1964 or so. All of my friends had Crusairs, Hondas and the like. Of course there were no helmets etc. and many paid the price. I never got on a motorcycle again. Since then I have had a good friend at work who was in a bad wreck. It took him 6 months and he is about 90% now. I drive about 50 miles every day to work and back most being on the interstate. This has been my routine for most of the past 31 years. I have seen so much bad driving, that now it really takes something VERY VERY BAD to even get my attention or cause me to give the one-fingered-salute. The reason I know this is when others ride with me and they get bent out of shape about something, it is usually behavior I have seen so many times I just ignore it. My best friend, who is 55, and has just had a close brush with cancer has gotten his motorcycle license and is seriously thinking of buying a Hog and riding. All I could tell him ( he was a Deputy Sheriff for 23 years ) was look at the folks who will riding in cars around you...

I would like your views on motorcycle safety, what you enjoy and dislike about 'cycles, and what you own. There must be at least 20 or more dedicated bikers here. I admire you all. Wish I could join.

All the best,

larry ... just ... larry

DEO VINDICE