View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 02:55 PM

Frank Martin AKA " Arty Sgt "
Joined Army 1960 and spent three years at Ft. Sill, Okla. Married an Oakie who was nuttery then I was, lasted 18 months, divorced. Reentered the Army in 1964, got married in 1965, shipped out to Germany to an armored Cav unit pulling patrol on the Czech Border.
Returned to the State's in 1966 with one son, whom I adore. Got my orders for Viet-Nam March, 67 but order's flagged due to my Brother being in Viet-Nam with the Marines. Second set of orders in May 67, Arrived in-country June 67, promply attacked by Viet-Namese dog who was then K.I.A with a captured V.C. stick grenade ( didn't want to blow my cover ).
Made Section Chief of a 105m.m. Howitzer, made E-6 W.I.A. Aug. 67, damn dog got his own back, knew the little bastard was V.C.
Best friend K.I.A. March 68. Discharged due to wounds June 68, yea, they waited untill I rotated home to boot me out.
Went to work for a City Police Department and attended a Community College and got my Associate Degree in Law Enforcement. Promoted to Patrol Sgt. and later assigned to the Chief's Office. Took my 5 year phyical and could not pass ( the 75 year old blind and deaf Doctor who hired me in the first place died ) Retired again and went to work for Reynolds Aluminum. Retired from there 5 years ago. Have a Daughter who is the light of my life and I am now married 39 years.
Hobbies, siccing the dogs on leftist liberals, door to door sales people and Jehovah Witness'es. Tongue in cheek ofcourse.
Proud to be an Artillerymen knowing I saved lives.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote