Thread: Not a great day
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 AM

Default Doc - sending you better thoughts

Doc - no one can take your memories away nor can we change the past. Life here on Earth is a living Hell - and to some degree it comes with great pain.

We can't take your pain or your bad memories away - but we are here for you (always) and we will comfort you as best we can. The Lord God has a plan and we are all part of it. Every day our life is scripted - and we have to stay on the path - even when the road gets pretty rough at times (moreso than we like).

Everyones losses are not forgotten - they make us who we are - and its how we deal with these tragedies that makes others respect the difficulties that we each have gone through in our lives.

Doc - I tend to drift off sometimes and think just how bad things are - and why the cards are dealt in such a way. Yet we have to seek out the good things like our grand-kids - whose life is still ahead of them.

Here too we can think about what will their world be like? I want them to be safe and happy - but in the back of mind I know they too will suffer losses and pain and I won't be there for them so I can't protect them from it. (See - again bad thoughts). Depressing.

Doc - your a swell guy and have many more good years ahead of you. Your not alone and you never will be - those who love you want you to keep moving and to put one foot in front of the next and keep plugging along.

There will be good days and sadly there will be more sad days. It's life my friend (if I may you call you that). It's a cold world and yet there is so much warmth in the human spirit that it lights the way for many to follow. Light the way Doc and we will follow.

Your Friend

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote