Thread: Women
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 03:44 PM

Okay I wasn't going to post on this thread but I just have to share this one tinsy tiny joke...

This man and his wife were married for about 65 years.
During all those years she kept a shoebox in the top of her closet and made her husband swear he would never open it. He promised and for all those years he never once peeked.

When the wife fell desperately ill and the doctor said she didn't have much longer to live, the husband went home and pulled down the shoebox and took it to the hospital to his wife.

He asked her if they could open the box now.

The wife reached out her hand and gently patted his and nodded her head yes.

The man opened the box and looked inside.
Inside there were two doilies and $25,000 dollars.

The man asked her what this was about.
The wife replied, "When we were first married my mother told me never to get angry at my husband if I wanted to have a long marriage. She instructed me to knit a doily every time I found myself getting angry. And that is what I did."

The husband looked down at the two doilies and his eyes began to well up with tears. To think that in all those years together she only got angry twice. He was amazed at her love for him.

Then he remembered the cash and asked her what that was for.

She replied, "oh that is all the money I made selling the doilies."

?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote