View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Several things here. First, I am not defending the VA in any way, but the money goes to Benefits, Medical, and now Adjudication to get the backlog down and processing times shortened. I have a "feeling" that nada extra is going to IG and that department is probably totally understaffed. I don't know this for sure but do know that there is a big push in Adjudication. Now...the problem here is processing claims fast. This is how so many of these POS'S are getting bennies they don't deserve. As the VA used to turn down legitimate claims to process them "fast" the pendulum has now moved in the other direction that it would seem they are not counting on DOA, DON, DOAF, etc to provide them with proof of a veterans claim. Obviously the guy Scout was talking about was turned down in the older system where a DOA check provided no info of him being in the unit he said he was so he found out who Scout was and hoped he wouldn't remember him but figured that he might just write him a letter just in case. Bad move. For most of us our initial claims took years to process as even with recognizable stressors they went to the Army or whomever to check out if the person was there at a certain time, in a certain action, etc. Not that this is 100% effective but it does cut out most of the bs'ers. It would seem now that they push this crap through without checking it out.

Scout, as we are finding out, I wouldn't hold your breath on them prosecuting this phoney General for all the reasons you point out, especially in Baltimore. This guy was outted years ago and nothing is being done. I'm not holding my breath on our most recent exposure here and PF2. I also think the VA doesn't like admitting to mistakes.

My "step-son" the Oncologist who treated Pighumper, Saxby Chambliss, and Rudy Guilliani, has been doing studies for the VA for years and was instumental in getting Prostate Cancer service connectable for AO. He was saying and has been saying for years that we should have a VA card good at any doctor/hospital and it would save the government billions and inprove care. He was at George Washington University Hospital when I had my first operation with the VA in Washington, DC. He was appalled by the hospital I was in, the filth, the staff, everything but my doctors. He drove every day to visit me because, "I didn't think you'd get out of there alive". He was that worried about the place and decided then when he got established to do studies etc. for the VA, so vets could hopefully get the treatment they deserve. He has operated on many vets for free so they wouldn't get the treatment at the VA hospitals. He would have done James, (Exlrrp), but one of his buddies was doing the implants for the VA in Washington, (state), so he felt confident James would be taken care of.

The system is a mess but I am in no way optimistic it will ever straighten out. The GENERAL and his ilk will continue to prosper. Sad commentary.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote