View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: And

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrow

Steve,

My post was more about presenting some considerations that were being left out of the discussion. I sure didn't mean to come across as giving a lecture or give the impression that others opinions are not as informed or educated as my own.

Privatisingveterans health care is as germane to the discussion as anything that I presented. It's no good at all to have all the latest treatment programs and walk into a filthy hospital ran by an administrator who's disdain for our veterans has infected his staff. Ireally understandwhy many veterans that have encountered these circumstances believe the only solution for VA hospitals is to shut 'em down.

Thanks forlistening...

Arrow>>>>>>>
Arrow,

My comments were not intended to indicate you were giving us a "lecture". Nor give the impression that your opinion was intended to seem more educated or more important than others in the sense of its' clarity' and purpose.

I do believe however that "privatising" VA health care because there may be 'isolated' cases of VA administrators who fail the "system" is kinda like executing the entire family of a career criminal because of one individuals misdeeds.

I do agree that many veterans may feel as you have described with regards to cases of those who "walk into a filthy hospital ran by an administrator who's disdain for our veterans has infected his staff."............

I also believe that it's discussions like this, that provide the necessary and factual information from folks like you and me and others who KNOW that these isolated incidents are in the minority. NOT the majority, and will also help disuade and prevent this type of improper "chracterization" of the entire system being diseminated within the veteran population.

Thanks again,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote