View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Hey Guys, I hope you don't mind but I was invited to the forums by Odessa. I saw this post and wanted to clarify a couple of things..

When linking to an external link the hosting is done by the server being linked to, not yours. It's called "hotlinking" if your interested. While your browser still has to cache the images, they're coming from my site. People go through great lengths to prevent hotlinking... I allow it and pay for it.

Also, as far as charging goes.. for people that sign up now, their signature is free forever. No strings attached. When I do finally charge, I'm going to ask maybe $10 a year (or something like that) for access. I stress that it's the access to change the signature, not the signature itself. That money is to help recover the thousands of dollars and untold amount of hours spent developing the site.

I'm not a profiteer targeting vets. I'm just a disabled veteran (injured in Haiti) who went through voc rehab and chose computers as my field. I miss the military. Developing this site reconnects me to a lot of good people. I wasn't going to charge at all but decided to try and recoupe some of what I've put into it. I don't think thats a crime and respectfully ask that you remove the ban. I thought that maybe if you understood where I'm coming from it might make a difference.

Thanks for your time
Jay Guardia