View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down Obligation of the United States to clean up Agent Orange in Vietnam:

My opinion might not be accepted by some of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters but I will put it out for debate anyway.

Our Communist enemies WON the Vietnam War--Not the South Vietnamese and Allies that fought to preserve that government. The country is now completely Communist so I believe that THE PRESENT COMMUNIST VIETNAMESE GOVERNMENT SHOULD CLEAN UP THE AGENT ORANGE PROBLEM WITH NO HELP FROM THE UNITED STATES. I believe that the United States HAS NO OBLIGATION TO HELP THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE 58,000+ names on the Vietnam Memorial, as well as the many living Vietnam Veterans that they maimed in order to achieve a unified Communist Country.

I also believe that our government should never have established DIPLIMATIC RELATIONS with our ENEMY. If it is now acceptable to establish Diplimatic Relations with the very people we fought so fanatically, and who killed and wounded so many of us Vietnam Veterans--THEN WHY DID WE FIGHT THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE? Our Government would never think of establishing Diplimatic Relations with the Communists while we were fighting them--So why is it acceptable to do so now? Did the Communists suddenly change their political ideas and become an acceptable form of government to the United States? Remember they are the same people that we fought so completely to defeat?

I want to again wish all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers ans Sisters a MOST SINCERE and HEART FELT:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote