View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 06:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Frisco, et al!

It also happened to me in 68'. Some guy who rode the bus to the induction center with us got nailed when we counted, I think, in 3's. He was on his way to being a Marine along with some others who said, "Hey, we got drafted into the Army!" The reply from the Gunny was, "You got drafted into service to your country. You just lucked out being drafted by the best". They were led away. Later on me and my buddy Bill, (chopper pilot for the 128th Aviation, "Tommahawks", Phu Loi, ) were walking down the hallway, we heard hooting and hollerin' comin' from behind us. We turned around to see the guy from the bus dancin' down the hall. He was saying, "I flunked my physical! I flunked my physical!" He ran past us and out the door. At that time I cursed myself for being in good shape.....even though I had enlisted.

It's my understanding that the Marines only drafted when they could not fill their enlistment quota's. The same same for Navy and AF, only during Vietnam, they had no problem.

Airborne!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote