Thread: Article 15
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Robert J Ryan

Stick Andy, sure do know about them article 15s'. I didn't thnk my CO would take offense if I took a 5 day vacation. He had no understanding, just gave 30 days restriction, 30 days extra duty, and $50.00 fine for two months. Guess he did take offense to me going on that vacation. The other is a SPCM for assault. We had just come out of the field (at Fort Lewis 9th ID) I was a squad leader Buck Sgt. Before anyone could go on pass they had to have cleaned their weapon. So our platoon leader had us form up outside and have the squad leaders inspect the weapons. A 17 year old punk in my squad (Pvt Richad P. McDougal Jr.) presented his weapon for me to inspect. I found the bore chamber was still dirty, and the rear sight to his weapon gone. All he did was swab a few patches down the barrel. I told him his weapon was not clean, where it was still dirty, and for him to clean it. I also told him that when he turned his weapon in to the Company Armorer that he was tell the armorer about the rear sight missing. His reply was F You I'm going on pass. I looked this dud in the eye and said, your not going on pass until this weapon is properly cleaned, I want you to strip it down and clean it. Do you understand. With that said, he spit right in my face, so in front of the entrie platoon, the platoon leader, and the platoon sergeant, I commence to clean this punks clock. I was escroted to the orderly room, by the platoon leader, platoon sergeant, and members of squad to the 1St Sgt. The platoon leader didn't know this kid spit on me until members of my squad told the 1SGT what happened. The CO wanted to handle it a company level, but this punk cried and moaned he wanted to see the Battalion CO. The Battalion CO offered me Battallion level Article 15, I told him I wanted a SPCM. I was found guilty of assault, and only fined $100.00. Wasn't busted or anything else. The punk turned 18 two weeks later, and put on a levy for Korea.