Thread: Article 15
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM

Suck it up and move on with your life. You had a chance to turn doen the Article 15 and demand a trial by Courts Marshall but you didn't. You would definitely have beaten the first two.
I was "Offered" an Article 15 for writing "Who is the idiot who posted this notice?" on a door to a secure area which said "Use other door" when there was only one door. It turns out that the section chief of the Crypto section had written the sign. I demanded a trial by Courts Marshall and the convening authority agreed with me that the NCOIC was an idiot and threw it out. He also reprimanded my company commander who had tried to give me an Article 15. When I was a company commander in vietnam I was cited by MP's in Chu-Lai for "Unauthorized driving of a vehicle" (a Jeep) because some idiot at division hqs had decreed that all Officers had to have "Drivers" and they couldn't drive themselves. I turned down a General Grade Article 15 and demanded a General Court Marshall (You can't give an officer a Summary or a Special) It went to trial and was thrown out when I pointed out that the vehicle in question was assigned to my company and that I had "Authority" to designate who would drive it since I was the company commander. The whole incident reminded me of the crap that guys in 3d Army had to put up with in WWII. Patton would fine anybody who was not wearing a TIE! in combat.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote