View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 12:16 PM

Question Whats wrong with this picture?

US troops kills 10 civilian in a car. 5 of those were under five years old. :cd:

One thing is that the troops are on the edge because of the suicide bombers, and that they fired on the engine and the car didn?t stop. But these women and Childs tried to escape from Iraqi soldiers that probably fired on them because they tried to escape.

When we have a CP we build it so the vehicle can?t reach the guard protecting the check point.

This isn?t the way to win the heart and mind of the people, my guess is that the family members of these kids and women will fight even harder, and with a lot more hate.

I been in the army for many years, and have never learned to conduct war against kids.

Its trouble me even more that high ranking generals saying "job well done". Instead of changing the ROE of this type of situation. And also changing the way of Howe these check points are build.

In my mind, there is no excuse, and no way is that killing of kids with small arms fire on short range acceptable. One thing is a bomb from a plane; there it is harder to identify the target.

Thomas
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links