View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Default Surprising

Neil - I've been there.

Having grown up in the streets I've been exposed to the ocean of filth that is on the streets - but in my house - its forbidden. My entire family knows this. When I'm not around I bet they use it - but they know how I feel about gutter like street talk.

I've always told them I know the words and "yes" I've used them - but never in front of women, family or friends. I've stressed to them that using that language only means you have a poor education and that the dictionary is full of words that will allow them to express the same feelings and leave those other dirt bags wondering what you just said.

In the service or with others I've always tried to be somewhat careful when it comes to diction issues. I know the words and I've used them - but only in extreme anger and then when pushed to that level - it usually results in going to blows.

I was never impressed by poor verbiage. You guys here have always been in good taste in most cases and have impressed me with your words of wisdom. I can only say that the more we use the this practice the more it will lessen the filth that many of us had to grow up listening to.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote