View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 07:26 PM

Sorry for your loss Reeb, I think I know what you feel. We lost Granny about 15 years ago.

She was warrior. Granny raisedeight children in the Blythe Ark. area by herself. ...Did this in-spite of having one short leg and absolutely no education. She owned one cow and share cropped.

When the older children moved to Illinois for jobs she came with them and worked as a waitress for many more years. Through her guidance all of her children grew up to be contributing and successful members of society.

This uneducated share cropper had more heart, strength, stamina, and common sense than a room full of Harvard/Yale graduates. And she could teach you more life lessons than anyone of them. She gave me an insight into a world that most Americans never see or hear about. When she told stories of her hardships they were never laced with complaints, but rather filled with pride in having been able to get through those rough times. She had one phylosophy... it was "Can do". She would have made one hell of a soldier.

I don't miss her now, because almost daily, I see her legacy all around me.

So here's a great big thank you to all the great mother-in-laws..