View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 03:54 AM

Mort;

I also am THINKING of buying a Harley ( dont want a big one though), but something I see every morning in the mirror reminds me of the Honda 350 Scrambler, completely chopped ( you know springer front and ape hangers with with real wheel and narrow front) That was about32 years ago.

But what I see in morning in the mirror is my front tooth missing. I went around a corner after making a stop, but the car didnt see me, so I took the spill and didnt get the plate number of the car.

Dont get me wrong, I love motorcycles, but the common driver of a car or truck most of the time dont know you are there or dont give a hoot.

One of my dreams/fantisies is to ride with Kyle Petty from Calf to (I think it is NC). They all ride Harleys but you can join them on a short trip with even a Moped if you can keep up.

I might also add that all the riders are properly attired for the long ride.

Personally I hate the helmet law, but Tx dont have it anymore.

Blocks you vision to much.

The very sad thing I can remember that I was dating a girl from Ohio after being discharged from the Navy, and she was also dating her long time boyfriend. One day he seen me and her on my bike ( the Honda) and went to get him one. Well to make a long story short, he was decapitated on his way to work at A.O. Smith by running under an 18 wheeler. Left behind a pretty young wife and a pretty young daughter.

USE YOUR HEAD IF YOU BUY ONE.

Maybe some of the Pysoco (sp) vets will meet and ride to gether. What a site that would make. Shivers!!!!!!

enough/more..................