Thread: Wotcha mates
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 AM

Ok matey here it is.
Terrorism...hmm a complicated subject but i will explain in a way that my little mind will allow me.

I think of WWII and the British reluctance to get involved when it was clear that the Nazi Regime was brewing up a storm, poor old Poland suffered because we sat on our hands, buried our heads like an Ostrich and hoped it would all go away. Likewise the US did not see, initially, that this problem would also affect them in the long term and followed the example of the British and did nothing (in the early days).
I would just like to add that I am very Grateful for the help that the USA gave Britain during the War and proud of our allegance and that the comments above were by no means intended as a slur against your good name.

The USA's response to terrorism has been completeley different, they have taken the lead and have been bold in their actions, yeah sure people will probably think that the US's response was a knee jerk reaction to 9/11, that is not my opinion.

Likewise the British, accused of being the puppets of the USA have taken bold actions too and have fought proudly along side the USA.

Its refreshing that the USA and Britain have learnt from World War Two and have decided to take the war to the Terrorists and not wait for the situation to worsen in the hope it will go away.

Just a brief overview of my thoughts on the matter.