View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 03:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks for the good information,

As I understand the scenario, when the Al Qaeda operatives dumped off a body, someone got their car plate numbers and turned the number over to the Saudi police and that is when the severed head evidence was discovered. I?m not sure I?d call those particular Al Qaeda members Africans though one was from Algeria, thus North African. The African contingent of Al Qaeda would more likely be from the Sudan or the Horn of Africa area and maybe Northern Nigeria. And it?s not likely they would be operating in Saudi Arabia being non-Arabs and all, but anything is possible I suppose. The Mindanao, Philippines, area Al Qaeda contingent; called Abu Sayeff, is notorious for dismembering and disemboweling their victims while still alive. A joint US-Philippine military operation has now killed their Commander and the number two Abu Sayeff Commander is now captured and in the Camp Crame prison. Camp Crame is the Philippine National Police GHQ in Manila and is not a US facility.
For the greater part, Algeria has killed off a quiet a number of Al Qaeda operatives with still a long way to go and that war has been going on for a very long time; a decade or so, and is as gory and bloody as it gets anywhere.
All in all, I think we as US media recipients have not been provided the perspective that Al Qaeda has been at war within the global Moslem community for years and the tragedy of 9/11 is an episode in the continuing, attempted, global jihad that Al Qaeda so desperately seeks.

Scamp