View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 02:42 PM

There is nothing that takes my breath away so much as walking into an old cemetery the predates our country's greatest war, the Revolution, and see row after row of flags. Many of these old cemeteries span across every one of our battles in generations. My heart skips to think of the honor and sacrifice that lies in those hallowed graves.

Mr. Goldfarb is just one of several new generation managers. A family who lost their 17 year old daughter to cancer arrived the day after her funeral to find that all of the flowers and military medals and personal momentos were all tossed in the trash. The medals were left there by a brother who recently returned home from Iraq and a boy who loved her through high school who also served with her brother. They message was that they were willing to serve for her and would give everything if it would have saved her.
The family was rightfully outraged and so was the community. All of the personal items were returned, albeit soiled.

The OP/Ed seems oddly silent this week. I think I need to write a letter. Would anyone care to help with some input?
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote