View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 08:29 PM

Reeb,
I honestly don't know how dad got that PH other than the story he told us.
Only two things I can think of...
One - Somebody put him in for it and was able to pull some sort of rabbit out of a hat trick.
Or
Two - He got it for some other reason and just won't tell. There were many times that Dad went out on remote tours or TDYs to odd places. I always thought he worked on telephones...who really knows.

One thing for sure, he never flaunted it or was especially proud of it. In fact I never knew about it until I came acrossed the medal stuffed in some old dusty box in the attic. His uniform had the ribbon on it among a few others, but I never really had a reason to question him.
I do know that he really did serve because we spent many years travelling from AF base to AF base. And lets face it Base housing certainly isnt an exclusive neighborhood estate.

Someday I make look closer at his service record, but not today. I would rather believe he is my hero than have my dreams shattered right now. It certainly isn't all that important.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote