Thread: 1st shirts
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default MissleMonkey

Good luck to you in your endeavor...however twisted it may be!

I hope you don't turn out like the 1st shirt I had. Geez! What a...well, decorum won't permit me to tell you exactly what the entire squadron thought of him. When he hit his 30th year in the AF, he went through his congressman for an extension and he got 2 more years, news that went over like a lead balloon to us. It's rare to meet someone who is universally despised, but there he was. We were allowed to have pets in the barracks and, in a moment of extreme stupidity, I got a chipmunk complete with cage. Now these are wily little creatures and while I was away on a short TDY, the little @#$% escaped and virtually wrecked my room. Didn't the 1st shirt pull a surprise inspection! He left a note for me to report to him immediately and, when I did, he hadcourt martial papersall ready for me. He absolutely gloated at this. I remember he had bits of cigar tobacco on his teeth as he gave me that evil grin. Then he said, in front of witnesses who hated him,he was going to make an example of me, and that statement saved my butt. As the LT said, he wasn't allowed to go out of him way like that, so I just received a reprimand and had to work my days off for a month.

There are a thousand other stories about him including about 2 guys who tried to kill him, literally! I can't emphasize enough about what a true a$$hole he was. When he finally retired he made the mistake of living in the barracks for 2 weeks until his wife could come out and join him. In that time he had his room ransacked 3 times and someone defecated on his bunk. AND HE STILL STAYED!!! When he left the base we had a huge party attended by enlisted men and officers alike.

If you do make that rank, remember to treat your men fairly and your bunk will stay clean!