Thread: Pledge Poll
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Constitutionality may be defined as the opinion of 9 old men or women at any given time. Whether an item is unconstitutional or not unfortunately does not rest in the words of the document but rather the interpretation of the document. Given the fact that the make up of the supreme court swings back and forth form liberal to conservative as a pendulum would than so does an items constitutionality.

Look at the installation of prohibition followed by its repeal. Roe vs. Wade made abortion legal. You put the right make up of a court in there and it could become illegal. In 1954 The words under God were inserted in the pledge. Nobody had a problem with it then. Now the PC have a problem with it. Did anybody ever stop to think about people who lead these groups? They lose control of themselves it seems very easily. We appease them becase they lose control and we don't want a mess on our hands. Doesn't anyone see a problem with these minority groups as loose cannon that actually control our every day lives.

Here is an example for you. At work, i was instructed to stop using the phrase ladies and gentlemen because apparently you women out there do not like to be called ladies any more.

Therefore if I address a group verbally that is composed of both sexes I am to call you all "guys". If it is a written memo, I am to use the phrase "To All." This kind of idiocy is controlling our lives. Doesn't anyone out there have a problem with this? Something tells me that reason will prevail and the pledge will be back.

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote