View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default And Bill...

One engineering tool used when nothing seems to make any sense is called statistics and probabilities. This is the last ditch before ya throw down yer rifle, stand up and say ?I surrender?. Anyway, one of my favorite tools is to pitch a bunch of digits and stats into a number cruncher and see how the random distribution plays out in the form of a bell shaped curve. The center of the bell is the highest population of data and the slopes on either side represent deviation from the greatest population. In terms of politics, I see nearly the same deal. A gifted politician will see where the peak of the bell is and play to local needs and wants. A courageous and brave politician will try to shift the centerline of the bell curve and will usually not succeed. A ubiquitous; something for everyone politician, will try to play to the full width of the bell curve, including the lunatic fringe at either extreme. However, that full width political identification deal is just entertainment and without credibility.

But with the odd roll of the dice they sometimes get elected and promptly make a pock mark and a pile of hot smoldering aluminum scrap on the side of the first divided political mountain they encounter.
I just look at a multi party, multi philosophy candidate and just throwing a handful of iguana shit on the wall and seeing if anything sticks. As I see it, it?s all a part of free speech and political participation. Not a big deal unless we forget our vote responsibilities and contemplative examination of issues.

And Blue, don?t worry about Col. Scout boiling out of Texas to tape your mouth shut. That isn?t going to happen. He?s into free speech so he just may come to Tulsa and ?skin ya? instead. I?m just kidding Blue as I respect your debates with Col. Scout and well meaning mutual barbs. We all learn a lot from that, get a good smile, laugh and chuckle. But some serious stuff is learned as well and that is much appreciated.

Scamp