View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 04:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Local Elections or Party Machine= Communism

How did your local elections go? I have a real problem with the way mine went here in good ol' Rockland!! Out of about 14 different positions up for election, NINE (9) were unopposed. Not only that but one guy was on the democratic, republican, conservative AND working Families party tickets. Now please tell me that there is not a problem with this!!! I took several minutes in the voting booth before I decided what to do. I did not vote at all where there were the same peole running on that range of parties. I only voted for those where there was a true choice.

Can anyone honestly tell me here how a democratic society benefits if a person is permitted to place himself unopposed on ALL the parties slates? I am a moderate with conservative leanings. I tend to vote Republican but I take pride in voting for the person and not the party hence I swing Democratic on occasion. What do you do when the same person is republican and democratic? If you are a staunch democrat, how can you vote for this person if they MAY exhibit republican tendancies or vice versa?

I was furious by the time I finished voting. I would not let anyone else in until, I showed the idiocy to the pollster volunteers. "How can you explain this?" I said. "We might as well live in Cuba for all the good free elections mean. One guy was in 4 parties and several others were in a minimum of three. Rockland county has always had a reputation of the democratic good old boys network, but this was absolutely ridiculous. Just wondering if any of you experienced the same stuff at the local level?

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links