View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Why I carry a gun

Why I carry a gun

There comes a time in every man's life when he stops busting knuckles and starts busting caps and usually i'ts when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I do not carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I do not carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I do not carry a gun because I am paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I do not carry a gun because I am evil....I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I do not carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I do not carry a gun because I am angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I do not carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk tomorrow afternoon.

I do not carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I do not carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because, unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I do not carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police protection" is an oxymoron.

Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whooping.
......author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

"May we be worthy of our nation's sacrifice"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links