View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow DT-Seal Association Announcement by Jack Lynch President UDT-SEAL Association

DT-SEAL Association Announcement
Jack Lynch
President,
UDT-SEAL Association

Members and Friends of the UDT-SEAL Community,

After much internet conversation and concern for our accused Navy SEALs, I would like to let you know what is actually fact and not hearsay. I would also send thanks to those of you who displayed patients and some sanity although very concerned about our accused Navy SEALs. I want you to know that your concerns are the same as mine. With the way this was brought forth by the news media, they once again failed the American people and our community. I was personally outraged the same as all of you.

After speaking with our Naval Special Warfare Senior Leadership I can assure you these are facts not assumptions. This will not provide what exactly happened for two reasons, one, I was not given all the details. Two, due to the sensitivity of information necessary to successfully defend our SEALs.

Here are some facts I can share with you of what I do know and believe:

The charges or accusations against our Navy SEALs were not made from within our SEAL community. They came from outside our Naval Special Warfare Community.

When the SEALs were presented with the situation of going to Captains Mast for these charges, they declined NJP. The reason they declined going to Captains Mast is the SEALs did not want to be judged by those outside of our SEAL community.

Our SEALs made the choice for a Court Marshall instead. The SEALs believe this would assure the representation necessary to prove their innocence.

At no time did NSW have any control over these accusations or events other than providing advice or guidance to our SEALs.

Our Naval Special Warfare Community Senior Leaderships is determined to protect our SEALs from these accusations or charges. Be assured they are extremely committed in supporting our SEALs efforts in proving their innocence.

This was not the choice of our Naval Special Warfare community, but something that was injected externally and now require them to deal with this situation.

Now that this Court Marshall is in place it must be followed through to prove our SEALs are in fact cleared of any wrong doing at all. If the Court Marshal were to just go away, there would always be doubt in some folks minds that we are hiding something. This could be a media fiasco no one needs. There is no choice but to go forward.

Now this is me speaking, I do know from a very reliable investigation source that someone in the Navy's Master at Arm community made these accusations, and the integrity of the chain of custody of the prisoner is at question. There is extenuating circumstances that indicate there is questionable evidence in some of the accusations made. This evidence will come out in a Court Marshal that might not have come out in a Captains Mast in favor of our SEALs.

So, the hard side of this is it's going to cost our SEALs money, a large sum of money to prove their innocence. This is something everyone can help with but we need to be smart and make it fool proof prior to establishing any effort to help. There are some unscrupulous individuals that will take advantage of this and say they are raising money for our SEALs and pocket that money. Once this is organized I'll let you know. Our hopes are that we will have only one fund established that will be specifically for this effort alone. More on this later.

If any further information comes my way I will provide this at a later time. I will not send any information forward that is not fact. Please keep the rumors on the grapevine to a minimum.

Let us move forward cautiously in a positive way in support of our SEALs as the TEAM we are and always have been. Let the world know we are the Silent Professionals that get the job done at all cost and we are collectively all in support of our guys in this effort.

Looking forward,

Jack Lynch
President,
UDT-SEAL Association

Announcement found here:

http://navyseals.com/forums/showthre...=163152&page=5

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote