Thread: Article 15
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM

Default I do know Art 15's!

I know a little something about Art 15's. My last count, before I was discharged in Mar 1972, was 13 that I had taped to the wall behind my bed. Most were for being AWOL because I always found it hard to leave the warm bed of my woman, plus, I had a couple for drugs. The worst was a field grade and I was busted down to E-1, forfeiture of half months pay for 3 months, 3 months extra duty, and 3 months restriction. I deserved everything I got! My first tour I was a total Sad Sack, a worthless piece of shit, and was lucky I got out with an Honorable Discharge and only charged with 17 days badtime. I wanted to reenlist in 1974 and had to get a lot of waivers, but got it done. I did a good job second time around, although I did get in a little ruckus with one of my CO's and he had me Court Marshalled for being AWOL for three days. The Major in charge dropped the charges because I was off those three days and it was only because of a personal beef between my CO and I. We both rode Harleys and he didn't approve of the way I drove on a public highway when I passed him one day. I was speeding a little. So I was court marshaled. Some things a person deserves and some things they don't. Just depends on which way the wind is blowing at that certain moment I guess.Oh, one good thing, the girl I was always going AWOL for, well, we will have our 40th anniversary next year, and we have four daughters and eight grandkids now!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote