View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Distinctions
Staff 
Default Flood Fighting in North Dakota

Hey everyone on PF,

Sorry I have not been around lately, I have been busy lately. Wanted to let you know that we are experiencing near, if not soon to be, record flooding in the Red River Valley. My university even canceled classes to allow students to help out and they have been great thus far. Where I live in Grand Forks, the river is at almost 48', which is at major flood stage level. Down river in Fargo (the Red flows north into Canada), they are battling against a record breaking level. We have been fighting hard all along the valley and I personally spent a few hours on the sandbag line in the southern part of Grand Forks yesterday. Needless to say, I am keeping a close eye on things, as my apartment is in a basement. Rest assured, I am currently high and dry, but we in the valley could sure use your thoughts and prayers as we brace for the river. If any of you have family or friends in the area and can't get a hold of them, but want to know what is happening up here, shoot me an email and I will do my best to get back with you within the day.

Best wishes,

Daniel

President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Civil War History
Military History Blog
Frontier Battles
5th Minnesota Infantry, Company D

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links