View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Hi Robert:

Robert--You are not unique in having problems that originated from having an MRI performed. Even some people, with no problems associated with Vietnam, have trouble having the procedure performed on them and frequently have trouble being in a confined space for a long length of time.

I had to have an MRI done several years ago and did not like being in the confined space of the MRI Machine for very long. I started to feel just like I was in a Coffin and buried alive--Unable to get out. When I started screaming to get me the HELL OUT OF THERE, the test was then aborted and I was removed from the machine. I too found myself completely bathed in sweat and shaking from the experience of being placed in the confined space and being forced to remain still while hearing many unusual noises going on all around me. I guess I associated the noises, and being confined to a closed space, with some fo the same fears I had while going through several Rocket Attacks in Nam. It is funny how our minds can play cruel tricks on us when we least expect!!

I was later told that most places that give MRI Examinations also have a machine that is open on all sides and does not give the sansation of being buried or confined. A second MRI Test was then scheduled and I was placed in the machine without any sides. I was then able to complete the test without further incident.

If any of my Brothers and Sisters ever have to take an MRI and feel that they will be effected by either the noise of the test, or being in a confined area for some time, they can request that the test be run on a machine that has no sides to it.

Robert--I want to again wish you a most HEART FELT and SINCERE--WELCOME HOME to you.

To all the rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I also want to wish the same HEART FELT and MOST SINCERE--WELCOME HOME--to you as well.

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote