View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default In Memory of PFC Buddy Haas 1925-2006

Hey Ya'all, My Cousin PFC Ferdinand "Buddy" Haas while serving with the 307th Inf Reg was in the Pacific Theater, While serving on Okinawa with the 77th Inf Div he was directing fire against Enemy positions when he was shot in the leg while in the Battle for Okinawa. He nearly had his leg shot off and recovered at Camp (Ft.) Carson Colo and was discharged from there and returned home by riding the Train to Jeff City,Mo then a Postal Truck to Salem,Mo after many years he received his (11) Medals last year, 58yrs later from our congresswoman and this past April 22nd he passed away. I am thankful for all the years I knew my Cousin and his Accomplishments while serving our country. V-J Day will always remind me of my Cousin Buddy and all the memories I have of going to the Town and Country Grocery he ran and visiting with my Cousins(who worked there) while grocery shopping. I know he is up there in Heaven throwing back some beers with his Buddies that have passed on as well. Amen and God Bless our Soldiers who live to tell their Stories for us to pass on to our heirs.