Thread: Nascar
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pack
Nascar has been doing this for a very Long, Long Time.
The France family (Bill) has had a long standing with GM and sence Exxon and GM hooked up , Bills kid has gone with an eye on Exxon also,
The Fance's and Dale Earnhearth made Nascar what it is today. Dale was a Great lose to NASCAR and GM.
30 years ago there were two kinds of people in this Country, Ford people and Chevy people, The France's were (and still are) chevy people.
You have to Know the Rick Hendrics, Richard Childress story to understand the Frances thing with Gordon and jr.
Even this "Lucky Dog " thing was just another way for Nascar to have contol of the race and the outcome.
Hears how,
the 20 delibertly wrecks someone, 20 gets held a lap in the pits for agressive driving, 20 is now the first car 1 lap down , caution comes out and 20 gets back on lead lap, he changes two tires and is again in the top 10 on the lead lap. the only thing that is changed is the car that 20 wrecked, he's out.

I even wrote a letter to the Fance family asking them to have one race at a 1 mile track that the cars were given the same rules, just one. Not that I expected an answer, but there was none.

The fans have no idea that the GM cars are given such an advantage and now Dodge and next will be Toyota (although, I don't think Toyota will need any help) , The fans see Fords and Chevys and Dodges, and maybe thats good, after all It wouldn't be much of a race if the rules were the same for everyone, With all the Fords being several laps ahead, the GM boys wouldn't show up.

Nascar minipultes the cars 3 main ways, Front spoiler , Rear spoiler, and engine type.
The fans can't tell if the GM cars have a 1/2 in less spoiler than the Fords or the angle of the spoiler is 45 degrees instead of 55 degrees. GM cars use a LS1 or LS2 engine (with a Carb.) while the Fords have to use a Clevland design, Ford hasn't made a Cleveland for a long time. And still the Fords are getting around 850 hp out of that old design, while the GM boys struggle to get 800 hp. It doesn't take a real smart guy to figure out that 850 beats 800 most days unless there are some changes made.

NASCAR will never change until all the Frances are gone, and Im not sure that would be good, you can't have one make run away with all the wins, Unless , of course, its a Chevy.

Dang, I wrote alot.
Ron