View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 06:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by exlrrp
Gimp
You KNOW I'm looking forward to meeting you too.
Gimme the address of the Burger place then and I'll be sure to hit it on the way back.
fred and larry will tell you that one of the things I like to do is tour civil war battlefields and I'm hoping to do at least one, maybe on sunday or Monday. Wanna go with me? Be honored to have an old sonofaRebel along. Do you have a favorite site around there you'd' recommend? Or want to go see?
Also I had some notion of visiting Ft Benning, maybe drivong down there, cruising through on Monday. I'd like to see em jumping the towers again.
Flying out Tuesday afternoon.
Stay good
James

James,

The Varsity Drive In is located at the corner of North Avenue and I-75/85 just before they split (just across the interstate from Georgia Tech) and one block south of West Peachtree Street. You can take the North Avenue exit or the 10th Street exit off I-75/85 and you can't miss it. If you do, just ask the first person you come across and they'll get you there. They also got the BEST 'Orange Slush' drink in the world!

The best Civil War (actually the War of Northern Aggression!..... .....) battlefield is Kennesaw Mountain National Park Battlefield about 25 miles Northwest of Atlanta. Any visitors guide will have directions to this site. The Confederate forces actually lost LESS troops (casulaties) than did the Yankees at this battle, but still couldn't sustain the losses long enough to prevent the eventual burning of Atlanta by that dastardly villlian Sherman! His name to this day conjurs up visions of misery and undue injustice to my hometown and homestate brethren. We will NEVER FORGET!...............

I'd love to go with you but I have to be back in Buford, GA Saturday night because I'm also in town for my grandaughter Kalies 8th birthday. Her actual birthday is on Friday April 28th and I'm cooking her some of my World Famous Gimpys' Ragin Cajun Asian Redneck Bar-B-Que Pork Tenderloin for her birthday party that I'm also bringing to the mountain on Saturday. I've already promised her and her sister Mandy that we would go to Lake Lanier Islands on Sunday with some of her friends and family.

Maybe we can do the Ft. Benning thing next year.

See ya Saturday on the mountain my friend.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote