View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Just wanted to say thanks to the VA

I know several people think the VA is sh!t but I have to tell you they have been doing a heck of a job with me. Over the last 3 years my eyes have been really giving me trouble. The VA went as far as they could with every kind size and type of exam they could and basically said they couldn't fix the problem.

The problem is that I have a rare case where the Agent Orange has caused my lenses on my eyes to look like crinkled up saran wrap and I have a spot on my right Retina that makes a small hole in my vision.. BUT they sent me to the EYE clinic at Emory University Hospital and they Did all of their tests.

On Wednesday of this week I went in for a fitting of some special hard contact lenses they had made for me. The results are that It has given me back my night vision and corrected the left eye to 20/20 and right eye to 20/40. I have another appt on the 19 of Jan to look at my eyes again and they said they think they can correct the left eye to 20/30 or 35.

Just wanted to let you know that the people down in the trenches of the VA do really care for you. Sometimes they have a bad day just like we do but as a general rule they try their best.
Sponsored Links