View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And now it has been stated by Louis Farrakhan that his ?authoritative source? regarding the allegedly blown levies was none other than hizhonorthemayor. It would appear that hizhonor is a fishin for a ?get out of jail free? card and stirring up outrageous stories and a bitter acrimony smoke screen is the methodology. Meanwhile luminaries such as Clinton and Reid refuse to even give so much as a ?no comment? to Farrakhan?s new revelations. Zo, either silence is acceptance or they got to go meet with the rest of the Demo crew and figure out how to get the max mileage and least exposure from hizhonor?s handy work.

Just an thought, but according to the laws of hydro dynamics, when the levy let go the entire mass of the lake shifted and formed a massive water hammer that will go up, down or around any obstruction, including different density earth barriers that would be typical of the water side vs. the land side of a levy.

So maybe the supposed ?crater? was actually vertical down erosion that always accompanies a restriction and change in water velocity. Hmm, hmm, never go swimming in a river that has a partial dam and underwater penstock or culvert. Down ya go, for good, way, way down. Best way in the world to explode a hydro turbine penstock is to slam shut the turbine inlet penstock gate valve and then watch the valve and terminal end of the penstock go a flying into the next county. Tiz the water hammer, eh, and every bit as powerful in force as an explosive charge.

Scamp