The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Crocodile Hunter (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43019)

39mto39g 09-04-2006 03:51 AM

Crocodile Hunter

Steve Irwin has died from a sting Ray

SparrowHawk62 09-04-2006 07:13 AM

Crikey, what a way to go. I'll miss his sense of humor. He truly was one of a kind.

QM3steve 09-04-2006 09:08 AM

Word has it that the barb on the stingray pierced his heart. Judging from the information on stingrays I've just read, there isn't much the barb can't go through. Nasty thing to be hit with. He died doing what he loved.

Jerry D 09-04-2006 01:49 PM

Prayers out to his two kids and Wife :a: Ole' Steve had a great sense of humour and had fun doing what he loved.

Tina 09-04-2006 01:57 PM

May he rest in peace.
Prayers going out to wife,kids,and family

R.I.P.

sn-e3 09-04-2006 08:08 PM

Spooky because the big deal in the grand caymen islands is Stingray City where everyone swims and plays with the Stingrays at the time of our last vacation cruise. I really didn't consider them dangerious. I guess I was wrong.

Boats 09-05-2006 08:37 AM

Ya know - this guy was not all there - and little risky at times. I've watched him do his things but if its for camera only that is one thing but to do what he does every time it was just a matter of time before he got careless.

Sting Ray into the chest is a little weird. Only 17 people world wide have ever been killed at a sting ray. I also heard they have video of this happening and that he pulled the stinger out of his chest. Now that was maybe not a good idea unless it was pumping in the poison?

That had to be a real surprise to him and others. A little more respect to the fishies in the sea will have to be given.

39mto39g 09-05-2006 08:44 AM

You know, If you mess with Fire your going to get burned, If you mess with wild animals.
What comes back to me is the time he was feeding a gator and was holding his child, He refured to himself as an expert and there was no danger because he was 100% in control. Well seems he wasn't.
Lion trainers, Elephant trainers, Bear trainers, all have there picture on "when animals attack"
Wild animals are just tha,t WILD.
He wasn't doing anything to that stingray except swimming above it and watching it. Wild animals.

Ron

SEATJERKER 09-05-2006 09:38 AM

Correct,...

...Unjust irony,...but none the less, He was an adventurest, and in the end, "you don't fool with ""mother nature"", plain, and simple,...

...Was soured a bit when he did the "wacko jacko, with his child as 2 wrongs don't make a right,... challenge a croc, and try to contort your body while holding your child, well cuse' me, 3 wrongs "while feeding the croc",...

...guess you never know, weird as it can be, I took a good hit to the chest about a week ago, was grinding with a 'matabo'/ hand held grinder/ dewalt,...

...grinding wheel broke, and a very large piece tore through my shirt, and gouged a nice 2.5 inch channel on my rib cage, lower rib is still bruised, and cut is scarring nice, but I believe I was at fault as I bought the wheels at the flea market because # 1, they were there, and so was I, #2 I needed a 1/8 th inch wheel for some skinny work I was doing, # 3 I don't believe they were rated for my tool, and my fault for not realizing it first,...

...It'll prob hurt for another week,...

...May he rest in peace,...

39mto39g 09-05-2006 12:00 PM

Women reporters

This female reporter was talking about How Steve died. She said that He got to close and frightened the stingray, The stingray has Stingers on the end of his tail and Steve was stung by one of these, She continued that Steve tried to pull it out and could not, bleeding to death.
Stingrays have ONE stinger, Its called a SPINE.
Hears what it looks like.

Ron