The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Yellow and Patriotic ribbons magnets (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37243)

formergrunt70 12-14-2004 07:59 AM

Yellow and Patriotic ribbons magnets

Hi Folks- Caught this on a news program last night: Consumer alert: The support the Troops magnets could cause damage to the finish of Your vehicle,
may want to consider placing Them on the bumper. What a joke! As for Me I'm leaving mine on the upper body where it is very visible. And besides how do You place a 12" ribbon on the bumper? I have a large yellow one and a large red white and blue that reads: "Support Our Troops" Some folks! Anyway just sharing this.

82Rigger 12-14-2004 08:36 AM

I'm seeing these magnets all over the place here where I live.
Was at the local Wal-Mart the other day and on the way through the parking lot I saw seven cars SIDE BY SIDE that had them!

Just for kicks, when I left the store, I did a count. Of 56 cars parked in one row, 22 had yellow ribbon stickers!

Gotta love it!

formergrunt70 12-14-2004 08:51 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about!! have You seen the OD green wrist bracelets inscribed with :"SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" just got 10 of Them to pass on to Friends. Steve- thanks for sharing that. Love to see that kind of support.

Drywall 12-14-2004 09:00 AM

I've seen the ribbon magnets all over the place too. But OD bracelets? Is that a new thing? I haven't heard of them or seen any that I know of.

Bill Farnie 12-14-2004 09:26 AM

How stupid...on the bumper...most late model cars have plastic or fiberglass bumbers....try sticking a magnet on those.

I have them and see them everywhere I go on cars and trucks and even on some privately owned buses.

DMZ-LT 12-14-2004 09:59 AM

On the back window of my truck I have centered a RVN service ribbon sticker with a 101st patch decal over it. Above that is a Harley decal. On one side of that I have a 3/5th Cav. RVN decal and on the other side a Khe Sanh Veterans decal. (I was there in 71 not 67 ) On the tail gate I have an American flag and a Psyco Vets sticker. On the front is a Psyco Vets license plate. No body rides my a$$ and more than once a day somebody gives me a honk and a thumbs up as they pass me. Got decals on the front and back of the Harley too. Scouts Out !! :xx:

Doc.2/47 12-14-2004 12:56 PM

Well,can't say I'm worried all that much about my finish.Still tryin ta find a place amounst the rust holes where there's enough metal to cling to and still be seen.

formergrunt70 12-14-2004 01:13 PM

Me either. Just found out dirt was My favorite color. OD green bracelets has been around for awhile in Memphis.

VIETNAM 1968 12-14-2004 02:20 PM

I Have My Stick On Ribbons All Over My Car:

Like DMZ Lt. I have the Vietnam Service Ribbon Decal displayed on the lower center of my vehicle's rear window. In addition, I also have two bumper stickers displayed on each side of it. One states: "Boycott Jane Fonda--American Traitor Bitch" and the other bumper sticker reads: "Vietnam Veterans Are Not Fonda Jane".

On the lower Right corner of the rear window is another smaller Bumper Sticker which is the Official Massachusetts Hunting License for Hunting Terrorists. It states--NO BAG LIMIT with the License Number of 91101 on it.

On the metal portion of the Car's Trunk Lid, I have two Magnetic Ribbons. One Yellow and the other Red White and Blue. Both state in bold print-- "God Bless Our Troops". Just in case other vehicles happen to overlook those Magnetic Ribbons, I have two more--even larger ones--stuck to the side of the Right Rear and Left Rear Fenders of the car. In that way the Ribbons can be easily observed when others pass my vehicle on either the Right or Left side.

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again state:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968

melody1181 12-14-2004 09:23 PM

My grandpa has one with red white and blue that says "I served" and I have one on my car that is a smaller than most that is black with the MIA/KIA