The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Lost a Psycovet yesterday (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41504)

PHO127 01-24-2006 12:04 PM

Lost a Psycovet yesterday

David Schiattone, Passed away yesterday a little after noon. He walked out to the garage to smoke a cigarette about noon yesterday and dropped dead. David rode over to Alabama with DMZ-LT and I and picked up Danny and we went to visit Frank on his 1 year anniversary. David was only 49. He missed the military but was a staunch psycovet. We met in the same bar as LT and I. He had just moved to Georgia and was there with his wife having a few beers and shooting pool. There was an older guy there with a club foot and carried a big hickory walking cane and was bothering Davids wife. I had seen this guy hit people with the cane before so when David confronted him and told him if he spoke to her again he was going to beat the shit out of him, I pulled my pistol out and held it in my lap. The guy got up and left and I introduced myself to David, I told him that I had his back and David pulled a PPK and said it wasn't necessary but thanks. We were good friends after that.

I received a call on my cell from David just around noon yesterday, he said call him, but I didn,t get the message until around 1 pm. I called but no answer and left a message. I called back this morning but no answer. His best friend called about noon today and told me of his passing, he had seen my number on Davids cell phone. It is suspected that David died of either a Brain Aneurysm or a Heart attack. He will be buried in his home town of Bay City, Michigan

goodnessgracie 01-24-2006 12:16 PM

Damn. Just damn.

He'll be missed.

David 01-24-2006 12:23 PM

Sorry to hear of his passing Sid, God bless his family.

DMZ-LT 01-24-2006 12:29 PM

We had some good times riding with David. I am still in shock.We have lost more than a few brothers the last couple of years. I tend to forget how quick and random death is till something like this slaps me in the face and reminds me that today is a gift and I best try to enjoy it. David , Sid and I used to joke about death at the bar and "will " each other their stuff on bar napkins. Sid has one from me on a napkin that says " Sharon give Sid the 45 cal. automatic " I have one from Sid that says " Lori give John the bike " I got another from David that says " Give John the PPK " I think I'll just keep it in my leathers as a reminder. Rest in :32: Peace Brothers

Andy 01-24-2006 12:41 PM

Sid & John

Sorry to you guys and David's family. Wish I'd of met him, seems like he was one of the boys. Prayers headed to Michigan.

Stay healthy, damn it,
Andy

Tina 01-24-2006 01:14 PM

Sid,and John

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your friend.. I send my prayers out to you both and to his family and friends back home.
May God watch over you all and guide you right

Tina

Bill Farnie 01-24-2006 01:24 PM

RIP David and Sid & Homie, sorry for the loss of your good friend

b3196 01-24-2006 01:31 PM

Prayers goin' out to David and his family
Bob K

Keith_Hixson 01-24-2006 02:42 PM

Prayers Go Out to David's Family

Give our sympathy to David's family.
Our prayers go out to David and His family.

Keith

sn-e3 01-24-2006 02:47 PM

Sid and LT sorry you lost another riding buddy. Like Lt say's we can't take life for granted prayers out.